6.15.2007

Rolls and Dessert

As I may have told you all before, Jacob has learned to roll from his back to his stomach! What a milestone to celebrate, right? Well, I would have thought so too, however, the first time he did this was in his bed, in the middle of the night. He would then wake up during his light phase of sleeping and cry out for help in getting back onto his back. Needless to say, this has been a stumbling block for his sleeping through the night. The first time he did it in bed, I thought, oh, that's so neat, he's learned something new. Now I kind of wish he'd never learned it. Or at least waited until he'd been sleeping through the night awhile to pick up this new trick. Such is life though, right? Last night before I went to bed, I peeked in on Jacob and he was laying on his stomach. My first thought was, I'll be up in a few hours when he awakens and I'll have to turn him over. Then I made the decision that he was either going to have to enjoy sleeping on his stomach, or turn himself over. Luckily, I think for both of us, when he awakened, he didn't cry out or anything, because I really didn't hear him until 8:30 this morning. What a great night it was!


Onto dessert. I'm involved with a recipe club with my church. Wednesday night was dessert night. Unfortunately, not many people showed up. However, we still had great desserts with those who did come. I made a chocolate cheese cake dessert, Heidi made a banana split ice cream pie, and Summer made a cherry cheese cake dessert. Funny that there were two cheese cake type things. Anyway, here's a picture from our night:


4 Comments:

Max Fam said...

You just HAD to post the FAT LADY PREGO picture! I plan to get even very soon...

Brady and Kariann said...

I am excited to see that you guys started a blog! I need to be better about going to the recipe exchange every month, I can always use new recipes :)
P.S. We would love to play "rook" sometime!!

Steuer Family News said...

Hi Rebecca! Hope you're having a great week! By the way, I did finally remember to turn in your receipt to Mark Mortenson for a refund on Sunday and he will get you the reimbursement. Sorry!!! Would love to keep in touch and get to know you better. Our blog address is steuerfam.blogspot.com
Susanna

Jessica said...

Looks yummy. Think you could post a recipe for the cheesecake you tried or at least email it my way.