My oldest child is now six years old. I can hardly believe he's old enough to have to use two hands to count his age.
 |
Jacob and some of his friends from the party. Not all of them wanted to be in the 'group' shot!
|
We decided to throw a birthday party this year for Jacob and allow him to invite friends! This is the first year we've done a "friend" party, normally it's just family. Jacob kept changing his mind on what theme he wanted, so I just made up my mind that we'd do a Ninjago party and I convinced Jacob that it would be fun! I got some ideas from Pintrest (it's the one and only thing I've done on that site). Since Ninjago is a relatively new show on Cartoon Network, there isn't really anything for sale with Ninjago stuff on it at the big box stores, so I had to find other places to give me ideas. Here's a look at the snack/cupcake table before the party.
 |
| Snack/cupcake table |
 |
| Gift bags |
|
|
 |
Cupcakes I made. I made some and had some made.
|
I also found a way to make paper bag pinatas. It was really pretty quick and simple, and since the kids just bust them apart, it worked great! I would highly recommend a paper bag pinata because they are super cheap too.
 |
| paper bag pinata |
 |
| Levi got first 'whack' at the pinata |
 |
| Jacob's turn! |
We had an obstacle course set up for the kids, but when you get about six boys around the ages of 5-7 years old together, they mostly want to wrestle and run around like crazy people, so our games didn't really get played. Oh well, live and learn.
 |
blowing out the candle
|
Jacob was so excited for all of his gifts! We went with a Lego theme this year for our family gifts. I've put off the whole tiny Lego thing for years (about 2 years really), but I decided to give in this year and they have been a HUGE hit! Jacob loves them.
Sunday (Oct. 28) was Jacob's actual birthday and we had his grandmas/grandpas over for supper, cupcakes, and presents. Jacob almost peed his pants when he opened one of the gifts...he was so excited!
 |
| He jumped up and down and hollered over this one for quite a bit of time! |
Jacob is a great kid. He is having a great year so far in Kindergarten. He has made lots of friends and really enjoys getting to go to school. One of his favorite classes at school is art. He loves to draw and I have lots of pictures of Ninjas, thanks to Ninjago :)
 |
| Jacob in his suit on his birthday ready for church! What a handsome boy. |
A few facts about Jacob:
- Jacob is learning to read and is reading at about a Level 3 (which is what the goal is for the end of Kindergarten).
- Jacob LOVES Legos!
- Jacob loves his little sister and wants to play with her and protect her.
- Jacob loves his Dad and his little brother.
- Jacob loves music. He loves to hear songs with an upbeat tempo. He loves the song "Arise" that the youth learned in Church this year.
- Jacob weighs about 40 pounds and is 45 inches tall. He'll be 4' before I know it!
I love Jacob and am so glad he's in our family! Happy SIXTH birthday buddy!
3 Comments:
I'm sure behind on your blog!!! Looks like so much fun!!! I never thought of him using 2 hands to show his age!! Love the pinata. He's so grown up in that suit.
Looks like a fun party! Way to go on the cupcakes and pinata. So cute! I will have to look into the paper bag pinata idea. Jacob is a cute boy and fun to be around.
Hooray Jacob! He has the coolest birthday ever! What a great party. Way to go super mom!
Post a Comment