10.30.2012

Longer out than In

We've hit the all important milestone now.  Eva has now been living outside of me longer than she was living inside of me.  She is 9 MONTHS OLD!  How did that happen?

Eva has learned many new things in the last month.  Here are some new facts about Eva:

  • She can wave bye-bye; hello; and good night!
  • She can clap her hands.  She does this when I say "yay!"
  • She can crawl all the way up the stairs by herself.  She doesn't now how to go back down them yet, so it's still pretty dangerous!
  • She can shake her head "no" and will do this when she's finished eating whatever I am trying to feed her
  • Eva still has no teeth.  
  • We just barely moved Eva from a size one diaper to size two.  She never did leak out of the size one, I just felt like it was getting a little snug around her upper thighs.
  • She is still not walking, but is becoming more confident and she will stand on her own easily.
  • Lately she has been sleeping about 10-12 hours a night without waking up, which has been heavenly!
She is still on the VERY small side.  I took her Monday for her 9-month check up and the doctor was less than impressed.  She is 27 1/4 inches long (which is about the 50th percentile), but she only weighs 13 lb. 14.8 oz - which doesn't even get her onto the chart, so probably less than 2nd percentile.  He wants me to supplement her, but I don't really think she needs it because she is happy, developmentally she is right on track, and both her brothers were small when they were babies as well.  So, for now, I am just continuing on in the same way I was and hopefully by 3 years old she'll be on the charts (that's how long it took her brothers to get up to 'normal' on the standardized chart).

Top row:  9 months, 8 months; bottom row: 7 months, 6 months
Last month we went to a water park as a family and Eva had a pretty good time hanging out.
Just bouncing around!
Riding the frog with Daddy!

She loves to play with this tree at our house and has knocked it over several times and pulled several leaves off of it.  She can be a bit of a mess maker!

Her little eyelashes have grown quite a bit - lucky little girl!

She has started to make some funny smile faces and this is a good one I caught when my mom was visiting.

Love you Eva and can't wait to see what the next month holds for you!

3 Comments:

Desaray said...

Oh Eva, you are a doll. Super cute if I do say so. And don't listen to those Dr's, especially if they make you drink "stinky feet". I'm sure you're just a miny mite! :o)

Hiatt Family said...

I'm with you...if she is happy just keep doing what you are doing. She's an adorable little squirt!

Michelle C said...

Isn't it unreal that the girls are growing up so fast. I feel like you just called me to tell me you had Eva the night before!!!! She is so cute and I agree that even though she is small it doesn't mean anything. She is WAY advanced with her physical development!! Nathan had just started crawling at this age. Love her eyelashes!!! I can't believe she can do the stairs!!