5.23.2011

A pro

We've been working with Jacob for several months now to ride his bike without training wheels. We started by taking the training wheels off and having Jacob ride his bike downstairs in our basement with Brad holding onto the bike. This helped Jacob get more comfortable with the idea. Then in the spring, we spent a few days at parks helping Jacob feel more comfortable riding with Brad running behind him.

Jacob is one who would probably be 10 before he ever wanted to take the training wheels off himself. So, I kind of had to force the issue. One weekend while Brad was gone on a scout camp out, the weather was good, so I decided that it was THE day!

He was a little timid at first, but I convinced him that he could do it.
Here he goes!
"Hey, I can even ride when I'm not looking straight ahead!"

He now LOVES to ride his bike. Every day when we get home from preschool and the weather is nice, it's the first thing he asks to do. I love it! He can even start himself now without anyone holding onto the bike. Way to go my big boy Jacob!

2 Comments:

Crystal said...

Great job, Jacob!

Michelle C said...

Even though this post was forever ago - yay for Jacob!!