So, I want to know...how do you know when it's time to give up? There are a few things I've thought about giving up. This blog is one of them. I think I'll keep it around for the rare times I want to use it. I may even make it public again so more people will see it and respond. I do better when people comment.
Another thing I'm considering giving up on is potty training Levi. I started about two weeks ago. He has some really good days (he had no accidents on Monday or Tuesday) but then he has days where he has several accidents in one day and I just think maybe I should give up for a month or so. I know, he's young and maybe that's the thing. But, I think he could do it if he would try a little bit harder. But then it's a lot of pressure on myself because I don't like accidents and I don't want to have to be with him every minute of every day.
What do you think? I hate being a quitter...that's probably my biggest reason for not giving up so many things that I don't do well at. I hate having that in the back of my head...that I quit...or gave up.
What are hard things for you? How do you know when to give up?
2.17.2011
Giving Up
Posted by Rebecca at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 Comments:
I hear ya, I also do better when people comment. Keeping up on a blog is a little time consuming and hard for me to do as you can tell by the frequency of my posts. So I'd say if you posted every now and then it's not necessarily giving up, it's just infrequent blogging ;o) As for potty training I don't think it would be giving up if you let him wait a little longer...consider this a practice round. Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do...
Keep blogging, I check in, I just don't comment. I say quit potty training. Don't force it until he's ready every day. Just my opinion! :) Don't stress yourself out unless he's going to kindergarten in a diaper.
I am one who says to trust your instincts on the potty training. If you are not up for the challenge there is not harm putting it off for a little bit. IF it makes you feel any better, Fisher was 3.5 before he was potty trained. I started when he was two...it got put off a lot :)
I only blog when something big happens. Or when my kids say something super cute.
As for potty training, I tried with Austin when he was 2.5. I quit. Then last week when Austin had just turned 3, I ra out of diapers and my car was with the mechanic so were potty training. Take a break then try the book "Potty Training in Less Than A Day".
It is hard for me to make time to clean my house.
You are alive. Don't give up your blog. I need your cute updates. I agree I do better when I get more comments. It makes it worth the effort of posting right!
Don't think of it as quitting or giving up with Levi. Maybe you jumped the gun? who knows if you did just think of it as WISDOM to wait until it is his idea to control his body not because you think he could do it if he just tried harder. (all said in love) The things I struggle with are eating healthy, exercise, cleaning yet another mess made by my two year old who will make another mess just moments later. Then I remember...we cannot fail as long as we KEEP trying. A mother is never a bad mother unless she stops trying. That's what I think. :) Good luck.
Don't give up blogging!!! I love reading about you guys, even if it's only once in a while. With potty-training, I find that it's less about when the kid is ready, and more about when I'm ready. I HATE it. I have to give myself a good pep-talk to attempt it. The good news is, he probably won't still be wearing diapers in high school!
I agree, don't give up blogging! How are your long lost friends supposed to keep up with you? :) As for potty training...I hate it, too. My kids are always late. Girls tend to go easier than boys, but most of my kids weren't potty trained until they were 3. For some reason it seems to just 'click' for them around that time and it's much less of a headache for me.
Yep - don't give up blogging! I enjoy checking in on your family and comparing our kids! As for things I have given up on - potty training Mason (3rd time was the charm when HE decided he was ready), blow drying my hair everyday (no point), exercising programs, picking up the kids' room, etc. The list goes on and on! Ha!
If I had time to look at my alert thingy within google, then I would know when you post if it was made public, (: I feel the same about my own blog.
Post a Comment