1.17.2010

Master Jedi

All little boys go through phases. Right now, we're in the Star Wars phase. Jacob spends most of his day going by the name, Master Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. (It's scary that I can now spell that correctly without looking it up!)

To celebrate Jacob's love for the movie Star Wars (which I'd never actually watched any of them before I met Brad) I decided to do something I've never done before. Last year (2008) for Christmas, I received a sewing machine. Until just recently, I'd never sewn anything...I know, I make a good Mormon girl, right?! I decided that one easy way to learn, would be to make a cape for Jacob to wear while being Obi-Wan. My mom came over and guided me through how to use my machine and do basic things. Then she let me loose to create Jacob's Jedi cape.
Learning how to use the machine.
Seeing if things measure up evenly on each side. Hoping the finished product will be good.
Practicing spinning and jumping like a Jedi.
Introducing Master Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I think the cape turned out pretty well and I'm proud of my first ever sewing project!

For the record, I am Queen Amidala, Brad is Anakin, and Levi is the mysterious Count Dooku (Jacob's favorite is Episode II - Attack of the Clones).

9 Comments:

Aimee said...

Way to go with the sewing! I've had my sewing machine for years, and I think the best thing I've made is a dress-up cape... and it didn't look nearly as good as yours. I stink. Anyway, I love kid phases!

Carolyn said...

Wow! I am impressed! I wish I knew how to sew....I bet he LOVES his new cape! They are both getting so big! Miss you guys!

Crystal said...

Way to go Super mom!!

Crystal said...

Great job, Rebecca! Jacob looks so proud of his new cape.

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

I am a good little mormon girl too! I got a sewing maching 2 years ago and just started using it this year...but I am liking it...it is fun! The cape is super cute! You are amazing queen Amidala!

Desaray said...

I can't believe Jacob has a favorite Star Wars, I'm feeling so uneducated as I've really only every see the original trilogy & that was once many years. Anyhow...good work on the cape. Looks fun, now you'll be all geared up to make his halloween costume :o)

Hiatt Family said...

LOVE IT!

Sabrina said...

good job keep up the sewing it gets funner as you skills increase. I just watch all the start wars this janurary. They are pretty good. Better than I thought they would be.

Brady and Kariann said...

Hey, way to break out the sewing machine!! His cape turned out great...nice job :)! Hope you guys are doing well, miss you!