3.11.2009

New Poll

I've appreciated everyone's participation in our baby name poll so far. It helped us eliminate some of the names and made us think maybe we should investigate others. So, if you're all up for it, I've put a NEW poll to the side with one of the original names and a couple of new ones. Please vote, time is running out and I still don't know what to name this little guy! Here are the choices:

Trenton
Mason
Devin/Devon

If you choose Devin/Devon, please leave in the comments which way you would spell it. Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully in the next month we'll have a name chosen when this little guy enters the world. And if it helps, the middle name will be Wade.

10 Comments:

themorganfam said...

Okay so I totally voted for Trenton and it won't let me vote again but Jeff says Mason so add that one to the poll!

Crystal said...

So I voted for Trenton the first time which I still like but with the middle name Mason Wade Jones seems to flow better. I definitely am not a fan of Devin (which if you do Devin spell it "in")but if you go with that I am sure I will still find him adorable.

I did know that Jacob was born on my birthday...between that and his dance skills we are "kindred spirits"!!

You are running out of time. How are you feeling? I hope all is going well. Hang in there! Can't wait to see pictures of baby!

Unknown said...

I voted for Mason. I love that name. It is a good baby name and a good name for an adult.

Julia Callahan said...

Hmmm, hard choice. Good it's not my choice to make. What ever name "rings true" when you say it....I actually was not fond of Jacob, but Lane wanted to name our son that---and now, no other name fits him and I love it. All the names you've chosen sound good. But in my order of favorites: Devon, Trenton, Mason

I would choose if it were my kid as a whole: Trent Mason Jones (only because Trenton sounds like "Trent and".. I, like I'm trying to finish a sentence.
But in school they wouldn't say middle names, so Mason Jones sounds good.
Have fun...I'll get off my soap box.

Unknown said...

can i vote for isaac again, even though it doesn't seem to be in the running? jacob is such a strong, classic name, while mason is, you know, a mason [i'm just not big on trade names--although i have a nephew cooper and i still like him], trenton is out of the made up surname trend that i think will really date the baby, and devin/devon is okay....

in the end, the best part of naming the baby is no matter what you decide to call him, i'm sure i'll find him adorable and that the name fits him perfectly. so feel free to disregard my snotty name advice.

best of luck these next few weeks! hopefully he's not as stubborn as little violet was.

welltrainedmom said...

I like Trenton the best, but I guess I'm in the minority! I hope you are feeling well....as well as possible anyway!

Carley said...

Go with Mason, I don't like Devin at all! But then again, it is your baby.

Desaray said...

So I like both Mason and Devin. I did put my vote for Devin though...just cause I really like it with Wade. But I think both are great options. Good luck! Can't wait to see you and the little one in less than 2 months...!

Sarajane said...

its hard isn't it? I vote Trenton- I think Trent is a great nick name. Devin is not my pick but for sure I would spell it 'in.' Good luck, and whatever you name them they just become their name, and it will fit.

Ruth said...

Those are all really good, strong names. My two favs are Mason and Trenton. I like Mason because it's not very common, and I like Trenton because it sounds really masculine (but so does Mason) and I also like the nickname Trent. If you go with Devin, which is also a good name, I would definitely spell it -in, just because I think that is the more common way so it wouldn't be mis-spelled as often. (but we picked Marianne and there are about 100 different ways to spell that!) But they are all such good names that you really can't go wrong! (sorry, this comment was probably not very helpful!)