This is Brad writing, and it is the first time that I have written on the blog since my poem that I wrote. I know what you are thinking. . . What poem? Exactly! You see, about a year ago, I wanted to contribute to the family blog, so I sat down and wrote a beautiful, insightful, brilliant haiku. And what was the reaction from the blog world to this work of art?
Nothing. . .
Nothing. . . .
Day after day I waited for comments and there was nothing. Everyone commented about Rebecca's pictures and little stories that are so cute and so forth, but I got a big fat nothing. Not even criticism. It was as if I had been shunned from the blogging community. So, as you have noticed (or probably have not), I have been silent for the last year.
But enough about me.
Today is Rebecca's birthday!
She is another year older and more beautiful. How old is she now? Well. . . you can ask her about that if you would like. How much more beautiful is she? Honestly, it is hard to say. She has always been exceptionally lovely, but so far the trend seems to be upward. It always appears that she can not get any more beautiful, and then she surprises us all. You can judge for yourself.
About 2 1/2 months old

Kindergarten
grade school
what a cute basketball girl! I love this smile!

junior high
prom (sadly, I was not in this picture)
senior
engaged!
married!
2005
So I think that we will all agree that she is a very cute girl that only seems to get more cute with time.
I would like to celebrate Rebecca's birthday with a top 20 list.
The top 20 things that I like about Becca.
20- Willing to play with me. Example- she has played Frisbee hundred of times with me, even though it’s not exactly her favorite thing to do.
19- She knows how to drive a stick shift. This came in very handy for a boy with a beat-up rusted-out 84 Ranger pickup truck.
18- Willing to laugh at most of my jokes
17- She taught me how to dress, and I love her for this. She helped me part with many of my high school cloths (that truthfully were probably not even in style when I was wearing them in high school).
16- Good at changing diapers. Ok, you might think that this is not a real compliment, but I am honestly very bad at the really messy ones (you know the ones). He always rolls himself over and sticks his hands in it, and makes a horrible mess. Don’t get me wrong, I do not run away from diaper duty just because it is hard, but it is good that there is someone around that can always bail me out when things are getting really bad.
15-Good at remembering things. She is absolutely unbelievable!
14-She lets me go to Texas Roadhouse. Although it is not really her favorite place, we go there together more than anywhere else, because I like it, and she is nice to me.
13-Tells really good stories. Some of my favorites are: the day at the cattle auction with her grandpa when she invented the game of trying to see how many flies they could get to land on their arms at one time. Also, I always love to hear the story of her dad’s road rage.
12- I love her because she is willing to stay home and take care of Jacob.
11- I like her family that I married into. They are very fun and nice to me.
10- I love that she keeps herself in great shape. She exercises pretty much every day, and looks great.
9- She is a very clean person. She keeps the house orderly, and has taught me many things about housekeeping.
8- I love that she is frugal. She is very, very wise with our money.
7- She likes to pay the bills. This is good, because I don’t.
6- Very good organizational skills.
5-She is a good back tickler. I think this came from years of practicing in church with her sisters.
4- She makes herself look good even when she is not leaving the house.
3- She makes the best cookies in the whole world.
2-Good dancer. Seriously, she is great, and has so much fun doing it, it almost makes me wish I could dance.
1- The smile. It is so big, it overpowers a person, and you just have to smile along. I love it!
18- Willing to laugh at most of my jokes
17- She taught me how to dress, and I love her for this. She helped me part with many of my high school cloths (that truthfully were probably not even in style when I was wearing them in high school).
16- Good at changing diapers. Ok, you might think that this is not a real compliment, but I am honestly very bad at the really messy ones (you know the ones). He always rolls himself over and sticks his hands in it, and makes a horrible mess. Don’t get me wrong, I do not run away from diaper duty just because it is hard, but it is good that there is someone around that can always bail me out when things are getting really bad.
15-Good at remembering things. She is absolutely unbelievable!
14-She lets me go to Texas Roadhouse. Although it is not really her favorite place, we go there together more than anywhere else, because I like it, and she is nice to me.
13-Tells really good stories. Some of my favorites are: the day at the cattle auction with her grandpa when she invented the game of trying to see how many flies they could get to land on their arms at one time. Also, I always love to hear the story of her dad’s road rage.
12- I love her because she is willing to stay home and take care of Jacob.
11- I like her family that I married into. They are very fun and nice to me.
10- I love that she keeps herself in great shape. She exercises pretty much every day, and looks great.
9- She is a very clean person. She keeps the house orderly, and has taught me many things about housekeeping.
8- I love that she is frugal. She is very, very wise with our money.
7- She likes to pay the bills. This is good, because I don’t.
6- Very good organizational skills.
5-She is a good back tickler. I think this came from years of practicing in church with her sisters.
4- She makes herself look good even when she is not leaving the house.
3- She makes the best cookies in the whole world.
2-Good dancer. Seriously, she is great, and has so much fun doing it, it almost makes me wish I could dance.
1- The smile. It is so big, it overpowers a person, and you just have to smile along. I love it!
I hope that I have done an ok job with this post. I don't know if you will hear from me again. Rebecca may change her password after this. I think it is mostly the junior high picture that could get me in trouble. She doesn't really like that one, but I really like it. Seriously, it is really cute. Girls that cute never talked to me when I was in junior high.
14 Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!! We are so sad that we aren't there to entertain you guys on your birthday! Brad we loved your post!!! I am sorry that your Haiku didn't get much attention. I have posts like that too so you aren't the only one!
Happy Birthday Becca! Also great job Brad! We all appreciate the hard work you put into sharing Beacca's pictures with us!
I LOVE the pictures! Happy Birthday Rebecca! Brad did a good job on his post :)
Brad, I hope you can see that in the junior high picture Becca was actually giving you the "come hither" look. Well, either you or someone else--we'll just say it was you. I loved the pictures--could you teach Jordan how to do a post like this for me? Or just a post at all? Great Job!
Happy Birthday, Rebecca. (I'm singing.) Happy Birthday to yooou! I forgot. (I've stopped singing.) I admit because you were not here to write it on my calendar. Congratulations on your birthday. Hope it was a great one.
Brad, Coby and I enjoyed your description of waiting for the comments to come in. Searched for your Haiku in your blog archives. Could not find it. We would have left a comment and ending your waiting.
Great blog Brad, love the pictures.
Such a cute birthday tribute to Rebecca from Brad. Awesome job Brad you get an A+!
Happy, happy birthday!! So fun to "see" you over the years! Great post Brad, especially the 20 things.
Oh, I am a bad friend!! Happy LATE Birthday! I hope you had a great day. BTW, Brad, great post. I love all the pictures and the list. Rebecca, I owe you a late, yummy birthday treat :)!!
Ok - that is the sweetest post! Lucky girl, Becca! Happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday Becca! That was so nice of you Brad to get on here and share all those great things about your cute wife. I love her smile as well. I miss you Becca, hope your birthday was a good one!
Happy Birthday Becca (just a little late)! Those pictures were so fun and I loved reading all those incredibly sweet things about Becca. Good job Brad! Miss you guys!!!
Nice work Brad. It was fun getting to read your list of 20. Happy Birthday Becca. Oh, by the way I need some insight. I just got put in the primary with the 4yrs olds. Help!! Carly told me you had some experience. ;)
What a cute tribute from Brad--I loved all of the pictures from growing up. I know my husband doesn't even check our blog, so I was super impressed.
Post a Comment