We have been having the best month. Brad hasn't had to work any weekends yet this month, and he's not scheduled to work any of the remaining weekends either! We are in heaven.
Last week I took Jacob swimming at a friend's community pool. He absolutely LOVED it. He is not a timid kid around the water. The baby pool was about 9"-18" and Jacob would just plop right down in the water and it would come up to his chin. Then he'd stand up and do it all over again. He is definitely in his element splashing around in the water. We took him to another pool Monday night for FHE that didn't have a baby pool and he loved jumping off the side into our arms. He also tried doing pull-ups by hanging onto the side of the pool and pulling himself up.
When Brad came home Friday night, he had some flowers for me! What a great guy, especially since it was Father's Day weekend and should have been more about him than me.
Saturday we went and played tennis. We brought a badminton racket for Jacob and his little popper so he'd have something to do while Brad and I attempted to play. It was so much fun! The weather was very nice, although it was humid. Jacob just ran around on the court playing with his racket and/or popper. Brad and I even got to volley for awhile without interruption. Neither of us are very good and we aren't sure about all of the rules, but it was definitely fun. I just wish I would've brought my camera! Next time, though.
Sunday we spent the afternoon with some friends playing and eating and celebrating Father's Day. Apparently we weren't all that exciting as someone in our party fell asleep, amid the noise of 3 busy toddlers!
Jacob really enjoys playing with Ashton and Abby. They were all sitting on this table together so I thought I'd get a shot of what they were doing while we were playing.
Jacob has the best Dad ever! Brad is so good with him. He allows Jacob to work beside him, even when that slows the process down. When Brad gets home every day, Jacob is so excited. He'll stand and wait at our glass door for Brad to come inside. When he does, Jacob will run as quickly as he can to the couch and throw himself into it (maybe showing off, I'm not sure), but he just gets so excited to see his dad. Jacob also really likes to pretend to be his dad by being "on call". He'll ask to wear Brad's pager around the house by saying "call, call, call...". He just loves his dad. We're so glad we have him in our lives. Brad takes good care of me by getting up Saturday mornings with Jacob and eating pancakes with him (not my favorite breakfast). He's the best and we couldn't ask for anything more!
6.18.2008
Father's Day
Posted by Rebecca at 2:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Cute post. What did you think of my haircut pictures?
I love the new background it is really cute. I'm glad you all had a great Father's Day weekend!
Post a Comment