12.10.2007

Visit with Santa - better luck next year!

We had a Christmas party at church on Friday night. The dinner was great and the musical program was beautiful. At the end of the evening, the kids got a visit from Santa. We decided to put Jacob in the line to have his picture taken. Last year was Jacob's first Christmas, but we were never near a Santa, so this was to be Jacob's first encounter with Santa. I was a little skeptical about how Jacob would do, but thought it was worth a try. Sometimes the kid surprises me with what does and doesn't bother him. This one, I was dead right about. Here's his initial reaction:After probably 30 seconds on Santa's lap, Jacob decided he'd had enough:
Oh the things we make our children endure for our own guilty pleasure :)

6 Comments:

Brady and Kariann said...

What a picture to remember! My kids will probably be like that next year :)

Sarajane said...

i need to get a picture of Julia with Santa- I don't know how she will like him, but she loves a book about Santa that we have.

Desaray said...

Oh, that's pretty funny. Has he seen many Santa's before or was this really his first time? I can see how that might be a little intimidating. :)

Carley said...

I want to get a picture of Nate w/ Santa this year, b/c that will probably be us next year. Hope Jacob gets feeling better for him and you!

Jamie said...

oh how sad- what a sad face! i hope he's not traumatized forever! j/k cute picture!

ps- thanks for the b-day wishes! :)

Larson Love said...

I love the picture! Santa pictures always make me smile. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Enjoy the little one!