1.17.2012

Party while I wait

About two weeks ago, some of my favorite people met at my house and threw a huge party for this baby that is taking her time making her appearance! I wanted to post pictures of the party:
My two older sisters (Angie and Vicky) prepping food in the kitchen. These two traveled up from Arkansas (about 2 hours away) to throw this bash for me. I am so grateful for their willingness!
Me and Michelle! Michelle also helped out with the baby shower. She was in charge of the cupcakes (cute little butterflies) and the games! She is also pregnant with her first girl...we are about 12 weeks apart!
The spread! It wouldn't be a party without food. My sisters and Michelle are all so good at decorating and being cute...I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to make a table look as good as they do, so thanks so much girls!

Some of the ladies in attendance! I had such an awesome turnout for this shower. Everyone who came brought the most amazing gifts and are all so supportive. This little girl is going to be one well-dressed girl!The 'original' Jones girls. Every one of my sisters-in-law were able to make it to the shower. It sure was special. If my younger sister would've been able to make it, I would've had all the girls in my family in attendance, but unfortunately she had to work. We missed you Carley!

Michelle put on a great game of 'guess the type of baby food in the jar' by having us smell them. By the smell of some of those jars, I'm surprised any baby eats them!

Some of the girls kicking back and having fun after the games!

Then, came the amazing gifts! So many people went through so much work to make and purchase things for this little girl. She sure is loved and special!

What little girl's wardrobe would be complete without a pink tutu? I love it!

And gold sandals anyone?! This little girl already has many shoes to choose from. I am really looking forward to her arrival so we can play dress up!
A fabulous homemade blanket and matching burp cloth!

This blanket must have taken forever to knit. It's called Swedding knitting. You get the blanket and then knit all of the hearts and lines into it. Thank you so much Shannon! I am amazed at your talent!
A cute nursing cover.
A onesie with personalized flower. This also had a matching wipes case...now I'll know for sure if the wipes case is mine because it's got this fabric glued to it! So creative, thanks Jessica!
And here I am last week at 38.5 weeks. I am due on the 22nd of January, so hopefully it won't be too much longer that all of these amazing gifts have to hang out in the closet. Thank you so much to everyone who has given something or said a kind word to me throughout this pregnancy. It is so much appreciated.

Now...baby girl, we're ready for your arrival!

1 Comments:

Michelle C said...

What a cute post!! So excited for her arrival!!! I can't believe the time is here for you to be a mommy of 3!!!!!